One hat finished... more to go

Well, in my early morning rising today I decided I stay up and keep knitting on Jim's hat. Maybe I could get it finished... and I did...
One ball of www.cabinfever.ca Cabin Fever Northern Lights- Molasses colour- a brown tweedie mix... it was a simple roll back, ribbed cuff stst top with 4 dble decreases... I like the pattern of a four decrease top better than an 8 decrease top... I find it sits nicely on the top of Jim's head.. I would have a picture except that it's now on his head... anyway, now onto to the Gap-tas-tic cowl... it takes so long to make any headway... 131 sts in seed stitch... boring!!.. at least the yarn is fun.. Cascade Nikki- multi chunky weight... coral, brown, purple, grey, mix... it really is nice...
Now to start a cowl for Jim... what pattern to choose.. I think a simple 2x2 rib would work.. When you live by the water the wind can be really bitter... along with the snow blowing...
We're on the downward slope of Christmas week... we dropped off gifts on the weekend- one more group to go... the wrapping is down, so on to turkey dinner tomorrow with our friends from www.loftgalleryart.com Phil and Debra... We get together often for dinner meetings, Sunday afternoon coffee and the gallery usually with a few goodies...
So, that's it for today... more pictures tomorrow... Ciao Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blocking 220 Superwash

Spring Sweater Knitting

LYS Day 2022