Lest we forget...

It's been nineteen years since my Mom passed away. I think of her often especially when I'm knitting with her knitting needles. The elastics still in place on the ends of the DPNs... making mittens I expect.
Remembrance day is the time to remember the brave young men & women who fought to keep the future generations free. Some made the ultimate sacrifice and others refrain from talking about their time in war torn areas of the world. In any case, I say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. My cousin Charlie Weir was part of the Canadian army who liberated Holland. He doesn't talk about it much but such a young man he was at the time. Here's a picture of him talking with school children at a service in London Ontario.

He's a real character, still very active in his late 80's...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blocking 220 Superwash

Spring Sweater Knitting

LYS Day 2022