Process versus Project - which type of knitter are you?

Ok, this is an interesting topic. Is process knitting all about the techniques used to knit a project? Is project knitting all about knitting a project that you already know the needed techniques?
Tricky choice....
I enjoy the challenge of trying something new- pushing myself out of my comfort zone, but on my terms. By that I mean, when I'm ready I will tackle that new stitch or cast on. Sometimes it's because I see a beautiful pattern and want to knit it. After reading through the pattern details I think, OK, when I'm ready I'll come back to this and try it out. I like to try the new stitch or XYZ in a swatch format, so it is easier to tink or unravel it and start over again. Until then, I'll be a project knitter... get it?
It's exciting to start something new, see the progress, watch the lace stitches  unfold, or the colourwork come alive and then you reach the end - hum let down- just a little? OR thrilled to have accomplished the process?
Which ever one you are today, have fun. Choose yarns by colours, textures or by feel- find just the right pattern - learn the process and become a project knitter.

Don't for get, supporting your local yarn shop will provide you the opportunities to learn a new process, become a project knitter and enjoy all the fun, learning and friendships that you find at your LYS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blocking 220 Superwash

Spring Sweater Knitting

LYS Day 2022